Saturday, January 9, 2010

Pumpkin Pie

I often use a food analogy when trying to explain things to my husband. His mind works better that way and usually I can get my point across. I've recently decided that sex for a mom is like "Pumpkin Pie". A mom's day consists of little people touch, pulling on, yelling at, drooling over, puking on (among other things) all day long. When I finally fall into bed at the end of a day, the thought of being close to another human being for even a moment drives me batty!

Now to the pumpkin pie analogy. You know how you feel after a really fabulous, yet usually overfilling Thanksgiving dinner? Next comes what we all expect and most of us love...pumpkin pie. Normally the thought of it would make our mouths water, our eyes big with anticipation. As soon as autumn hits, you dream about that wonderful staple of the season. But inevitably, every year, you finish that really overwhelming meal and the hostess for the evening parades out with much excitement I might add,... that dessert. You love pumpkin pie, you even at times crave pumpkin pie. At this point in time, the thought of pumpkin pie makes you want to throw up. Literally...throw up...

A mom's reality.

2 comments:

  1. That's a good analogy! You guys need a big bathtub so you can both sit and soak with a glass of wine... it makes the "pumpkin pie" sound so appealing! LOL

    ReplyDelete