Friday, January 22, 2010

Costco

The difference between a man and a woman at Costco....it's unmeasurable! Costco with three kids on a good day isn't something I would look forward to, and I LOVE Costco. I honestly have to say I have a sick obsession with the fabulous warehouse playground. When it comes to taking my kids? I would much rather repeat the incredible experience of lying practically upside down in a dentist chair to get a filling replaced. Did I mention that I'm claustrophobic? For some reason the dentist thought it was necessary to tilt my chair to the farthest backward position to reach my tooth, leaning over me so closely I could barely make out one pin hole in the ceiling tile. Really? Personal space buddy! But I digress...this was supposed to be about Costco.

The husband and I thought it would be a good idea to get our last minute, very important, had to be done Costco trip out of the way on a weeknight...after dinner....with three kids....mere minutes before bedtime. Brilliant, I know. We have a completely different take on what it means to get Costco done. I with my immense experience in navigating the giant, overstimulating store had a plan. Apparently, so did he. "Looking around", " I just want to look around" he says. Really? With three kids, stuffed into the giant cart with barely enough space to put groceries? Screaming, flailing, grabbing, climbing, escaping? This sounds like a situation conducive to browsing? Of course this made for a very pleasant evening...right.

After all was said and done, and my melt down of epic proportions was finished, I think we have come to an agreement. When he feels like "browsing" and all I need is diapers and wipes? We go our separate ways and agree that shopping at Costco on a school night..after dinner...minutes before bedtime...not so much a good idea.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Babe,

    I laughed by butt off! I really get to understand you better now through this blog.

    Please keep writing! It's bread for my soul.

    Love You
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously... I don't know how you can EVER successfully go shopping with 3 kids. Just with one I bring snacks and milk and a book for entertainment so I can navigate the store and the checkout line without crying or fussing. I can't imagine what a chore it is with 3!!! You're my hero Lisa!

    ReplyDelete